Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The love of the father.


For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

St. John 3:16 (KJV)

I love life. I wouldn't carry it in my name (ALife) if I didn't. I'm sorry that I don't have horrible stories of my childhood to validate my 'blackness". We weren't no where near rich and we lived on the other side of the tracks for a minute yet the love of my parents filtered all of that into an incredible growing experience. From those moments in time the seed has always been within me to pass that down to my children. My son is the heir of that legacy. He is the portal to eternal life. If you gaze on him and believe in the sanctity of the potential of the young Black boy to internalize goodness and grow to be able to expand it into his environment upon maturing than you realize the connection of the above Bible verse to the role of the Father to his son.

And some get confused because of our relationship. I simply love my son. Yet sadly many have not seen the love of a father for his son or a son for his father. This is most evident in some women in my past who think that my love my son is exclusive so that if I was to get involved with them that I couldn't love them or their own children the same. Anyone who has ever observed me around children knowledges that isn't the truth. I treat everyone's children like my own and trust me..your babies will love C'BS.

The open secret is that the love I have for my son is an example of the intensity by which I love period. It is sad because some women couldn't see that. And I understand because the landscape of a person's past denies them the ability to envision the road ahead. And because they have never experienced unconditional love they were unable to recognized it when it bathed their body. Also I have always seen all children as my children.

In this way the love of God is transformational and I dare you to not be changed by it. It is that love by which I walk through my community and I am loved by the community in return. It is that love which allows me to connect with the 85%. It allows one to close the gap and distances. It is..

1 comment:

Bootzey said...

I don't get why people, especially women with children, wouldn't understand that. If a parent was to have additional children, does that mean the love for the children already present is decreased as more children are added to the Cipher?