Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Lord Jamar Allah


lord jamar
Originally uploaded by ALifeAllah.
Peace,
A while back I mentioned that Lord Jamar is dropping a new album called ‘The 5%’. Well, here he is in his own words letting people know what the project is all about. I got this from via my man Danny J Rodriguez/Dan Tres OMi/I Self Ra. Do the Knowledge:
The 5%.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that in July I am remixing the whole blog; design, presentation, content, etc. This will still be a blog devoted to the Nation of Gods and Earths as there are 1001 blogs out there dealing with politics, Hip Hop, etc.. I will add on though some other blogs to my links from those whose work I admire such Miranda Jane, Adisa ‘the Bishop of Hip Hop’ Banjoko, Brother Omi, etc , and news links such as blackelectorate.com.

Finally, I picked up “Five Percenter Rap: God Hop’s Music, Message, and Black Muslim Mission” by Felicia M. Miyakawa. I am going to read it and give it a book review at some point next week.

Peace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Peace

thanks for the shout. I have that book waiting for me at ODU library. Can't wait to get into it.

I am currently reading Rza's the Wutang manual. its okay. its just his overview of the lessons is just too brief. I can tell he went through by memory and the definitions are not specific enough.

you should check it out though..