Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Lord Jamar Allah


lord jamar
Originally uploaded by ALifeAllah.
Peace,
A while back I mentioned that Lord Jamar is dropping a new album called ‘The 5%’. Well, here he is in his own words letting people know what the project is all about. I got this from via my man Danny J Rodriguez/Dan Tres OMi/I Self Ra. Do the Knowledge:
The 5%.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that in July I am remixing the whole blog; design, presentation, content, etc. This will still be a blog devoted to the Nation of Gods and Earths as there are 1001 blogs out there dealing with politics, Hip Hop, etc.. I will add on though some other blogs to my links from those whose work I admire such Miranda Jane, Adisa ‘the Bishop of Hip Hop’ Banjoko, Brother Omi, etc , and news links such as blackelectorate.com.

Finally, I picked up “Five Percenter Rap: God Hop’s Music, Message, and Black Muslim Mission” by Felicia M. Miyakawa. I am going to read it and give it a book review at some point next week.

Peace

2 comments:

Brother OMi said...

Peace

thanks for the shout. I have that book waiting for me at ODU library. Can't wait to get into it.

I am currently reading Rza's the Wutang manual. its okay. its just his overview of the lessons is just too brief. I can tell he went through by memory and the definitions are not specific enough.

you should check it out though..

The Bishop of Hip Hop said...

Salaams,
check out this mp3 from my Harvard lecture. It mentions the 5% NGE.

http://www.netweed.com/audio/scrolls.mp3

-Adisa

p.s. i think rza's lack of precision on the lessons is to keep white kids from walking up trying to test brothas on the 120...LOL!! for real though, i think it was done with the intent to foil the frauds....