Pages

Friday, February 06, 2009

Love for the Nation


Grey Matter (Album Version) - Divine Styler

One of my alikes, Divine Universal from Power Hill (Philly), made Knowledge Born about how my newest fruit have love for this Nation. I never really thought of that as a quality high on my list to instill in my fruit. It slowly dawned on me that it is my love for this Nation that is contagious. Through all of the highs and lows, positives and negatives there is nowhere else I would rather be. Only love will keep you here. Only love will keep you productive in the Nation. Because, truth be told, there are some messed up people in every walk of life.

And we don't speak about that love we show it. At the last Universal Parliament I got to verse with Khalik remembering him stepping to me at a Medina parliament introducing me by his honorable name at the age of 15. Now he is a worldwide traveler. Infinite asking me where my son was knowing that with me when you see the father you see the son. Zafirah taking me through degrees. I realize that this is what keeps my son asking me...'when is the Show and Prove'. He sees and experiences the strong sense of community which many lack nowadays.

And back to the fruit, it is about them finding what bonds them to these men and women. What is it that they value. When they discover that the love is evident because then this is the place.

No comments: