Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Black and Blue

The art of technological writing deems that one utilize every avenue out there when transcribing. The same way that with my physical journals I utilize different methods in terms of transcribing also carries over when I compose on the net.

Blogger is restrained in that it only has a number of fonts and ink colors/effects available yet when I write stuff for my own usage I use inks of varying hues and shades. I sometimes use the most outrageous fonts and glyphs. I use functions like strikeout, italics, super set, etc. like that are going out of fashion.

One of the reasons that I am obsessed with calligraphy (from ancient to modern) is because physically it makes the word dynamic. It gets it move on. I like my physical words to also have that elements (its the visual artists in me).

My first collection of poetry reflected a different aspect of me, the scholar writer. That's another one of my attributes where I trick out my writings with mad footnotes of esoterica. The upcoming collection will definitely be more in the dynamic sphere.

No comments: