Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

I Gets Drunk....



...or rather I drinks.



Spirulina is believed to have been a food source for the Aztecs and other Mesoamericans until the 16th-century; its harvesting from Lake Texcoco and subsequent sale as cakes is described by one of Cortés' soldiers. The Aztecs called it Teocuitlatl, meaning stone's excrement. Spirulina was found in abundance at the lake by French researchers in the 1960s, but there is no reference to its use there as a daily food source after the 16th century. The first large-scale Spirulina production plant, run by Sosa Texcoco, was established there in the early 1970s.


Spirulina may have an even longer history in Chad, as far back as the 9th century Kanem Empire. It is still in daily use today, dried into cakes called Dihé, which are used to make broths for meals, and also sold in markets. The Spirulina is harvested from small lakes and ponds around Lake Chad.


(insert Green Gangsta Theme song here)

One of my many jobs (no, for real...I got like 4 jobs) is as a cook at a vegetarian spot. They are always calling me over to the juice section though because I am KNOWN for my drink mixes. So seeing that I've already been accused of being stingy with my recipes (yeah Queen I heard you) I'd thought that I'd share a few with you. Let me set the record straight, my Old Earth made sure I knew how to cook. And Gods, read 14:14 real clear...it states...'teaching her'...which means that if your Earth don't know how to cook guess who is supposed to teach her..hmmm. An ex back in the day thought I was just playing until she tasted the OJ soaked spinach, crunchy millet cooked with coconut milk and the curried humus.

Now in my daily water drinks I like shots of spirulina. To find out more about the effects of green drinks in general (wheat grass, chlorella,etc) take a look over here. They give you a low down on some green goodness for the gut. Also realize that spirulina can be cultivated as a crop in many places where Original People reside. It can also be an great ECONOMIC investment. Check out how they getting down in India

Now the Original Man knows every square inch of the planet. That means that we're everywhere. Yeah, even in the cold climates (Inuit, Yupik and the Skraelings). I was physically birthed in C-Medina (Chicago) and grew up in New England so I am familiar with cold. Thus I have a couple of drinks that I like to keep on tap.



First is my Chai Masala. When I make it I go into my meditative zone. I must say though that I ain't giving out my recipe. That's only for my Earth and seeds so as of the date of this writing only I-Victory gets to sip at the FRESH chai.

I'll let you in on my Mesoamerican chocolatl recipe (hot chocolate) which I call Montezuma's Compassion.

Ingredients
About 1 1/2 hand fulls of cocoa beans
About 1/2 hand full of corn meal
1 Vanilla bean
Agave syrup
Water (I'll drop how much throughout)
1-2 red chilli peppers

How to get down
-Blend the cacoa beans in the blender with enough hot water to make a sauce
-toast the corn mean in a dry skillet and soak it in a cup of water overnight (so I forgot to mention that you have to prepare this in advance)
-cut up the pepper(s)into fine pieces
-dump it all in the blender with about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of ice water up in there and go!
-Strain and drink..you like it...yes you do.

Tomorrow...in honor of 420 which was yesterday I will share with you my recipe for burning bush tea. (Yet you can't get my recipe for vegan bhang lassai or vegan canna butter).

4 comments:

Flaco Fuerte said...

I'm about to call you the "vegan Mason"...Ancient Misfit Order of Rogue Raw Foodists.....lmao...we gon have to thumb wrestle or pencil fight for that vegan bhang lassi recipe...

on a side note, do you have any good recipes for green drinks....I started on raw food's (90%) until May 1st, then I'm on a 7 day liquid fast. Now, I've had shots of wheatgrass before. Today I made my first homemade green smoothie- spinach, mung beans sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, some green grapes, spirulina, kelp and some fenugreek seeds.....worst drink I've ever tasted...tase like somebody just cut the grass in my apartment. I realize this is because I'm not accustomed to it. As I just drew it up and drank it...I realized that it wasn't that bad and that I needed to reaffirm the mantras of "RAW" and "CLEANSE" in my head....

Help me out though G....

PEACE!

C'BS ALife Allah said...

RFLMAO...Lord..damn..yeah...that will cause you to hurl. Cut your green with some fruit. This is one that Faatma hit me up with that's the bomb...dates, spinich, banana, almond milk.

you can basically cut your green stuff with banana and dates.

Here's another one on the low
banana, lemon, apple, almond milk, plum and mint

Do you have a juicer?

Brother OMi said...

obrigado!

thanks for this...

Flaco Fuerte said...

Indeed, I have a Jack LaLane juicer....

This may sound like a dumb question...but are dry fruits considered "raw", if they have not been treated with anything...like sulfur dioxide and what not?

mann...my third day or raw foods...I tried the soaking the nuts and seeds thing. There's just something about sitting here eating a bowl of "wet nuts" that's not appealling. Not mention, it appears my body isn't processing them like usual....(Friday clip) "Smookkkeeee, you been eatin' corn?"....lol

Maybe I should have fasted THEN did raw foods...


PEACE!