Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Pudding Vegetarians


Peace,
One of the 'concerns' that people had when I became vegan was that I was going to become 'sickly skinny'. Well fret not...it ain't happen. In fact, most of the people who I know who make the transition from a meat centered into a plant centered diet GAIN weight? Why is that? It's because we end up just stop eating meat instead of finding out what nutrients that we need from the our new way of life.

There is a term that is used, pudding vegetarians. In fact, most of those 'facts' that your friends are reporting to you about how 'unhealthy' it is to be a vegetarian comes from this class of vegetarian because THEY are most often the ones getting sick and going to the doctors ie where they are getting the statistics from. A pudding vegetarian mainly survives off of starches and carbohydrates. Thus you'll find them eating french fries and pizza. I was that way when I first changed my diet. And yes, I gained some weight and often didn't feel good. Once I started putting more fresh fruit and vegetables into the diet I started to get the real benefits.

I will say this. The first thing that you should do is learn how to cook when you become a vegetarian. It is the economically sound choice PLUS you will start to learn what your body needs and how to provide it to your body.

Finally, as a vegetarian/vegan/raw foodist, etc..there are several tools that you should have in your collection. One of the main tools that you should have is a BLENDER. They're cheap...like $30 a pop. Go get one. You'll be suprised what you can whip up in there.

1 comment:

Brother OMi said...

blender is a must, homie.

also a juicer. we have the very low end ones, like $45 to $50... dope for the summer