Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

F.E.A.R.

FEAR
Peace,
I have a lot of discussions with my Alike Lord Sincere Victory Allah of the Heartland (Hartford, CT) regarding the science of raising children. He has one son (peace to Justice Divine) and two daughters (peace to Adon Arabia and Solena Zen). One of the topics that we spoke on one time was the unbridled ‘male energy’ of I-Victory and basically his fearlessness.

8:1-36
“Because they planted fear in him when he was little boy.”


He spoke on how it is important for young Black boys to be able to develop into young Black men without that ‘fire’ being squashed out as this is society’s agenda. They plant f.e.a.r. (false evidence appearing real) in the black babies so that they don’t ‘mature’. They become scared to challenge the status quo. It is important that we don’t allow this fear to be planted. It erodes self confidence. It causes our children to think that they CAN’T achieve (btw can’t is a bad word in my household). F.e.a.r. prevents them from even attempting to gain an Understanding.

There is a notion in some branches of Buddhism that is referred to as “fearlessness”. This notion is related to realizing fear is f.e.a.r. We empower illusions many times. This fear that one has of the boggy man when one is little becomes fear of a mystery god once we are older. The MECHANISM of f.e.a.r. though has to be implanted when one is a baby. When one is older this mechanism starts to work subconsciously. That is why in our degrees it states that this ‘fear mechanism’ is activated when a person is a child.

One of my favorite books is ‘Dune’ by Frank Herbert (I will have to write another whole blog as to why). In that book there is a litany referred to as the Litany against fear.


"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."



It is important for me to teach my son to examine the unknown. Religion, in many cases, teaches a f.e.a.r. of the unknown. Even in the “secular” world many people attach things to the unknown such as fate, kismet, etc. instead of taking the time to examine phenomenon that they are not familiar with.

Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real.

Peace

*I-Victory has a new update in his blog at Star Light Star Bright

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My oldest son and I were just building on Dune. it is one of my fav books as well. just read the new prequels on it too. but i wrote a piece about it on my star wars blog.

but i feel you 100% ...

before i put my sons to bed i tell, them "we warriors right?" and they say "yes, we warriors..."